Junior Kindergarten is the time to lay the foundations of literacy, numeracy, and develop creativity.
And while your young ones are in our care you can enjoy the early drop off and late pick-up times.
Let’s talk! 905 707 7580
Our JK English program consists of the following:
- Identify letters by sight and sounds
- Phonetically read simple works and phrases
- Identify beginning and ending sounds of dictated words.
- Print all letters of the alphabet, their own name, names of family members and some short words.
- Recite short poems, songs and stories from memory
- Orally suggest phonetic spellings
Our JK Math program consists of the following:
Number Sense and Numeration
- Count forward to 50
- Count backward from 20
- Recognize and print numbers up to 20
- Count by 10s and by 5s up to 50
- Solve addition and subtraction equations up to 10
Patterning and Algebra
- Recognize similarities and differences of patterns in a variety of attributes (size, shape, colour)
Geometry and Spatial Two-Dimensional Shapes
French in the pre-school environment helps students to naturally transfer into French Extensive or French Immersion programs. Exposure to French at an early age allows for a steady growth of knowledge and skills. Studying French as a second helps students strengthen their first-language skills and enhance their critical and creative thinking abilities. We provide students with fundamental communication skills, an understanding of the nature of the language.
- Recognize numbers up to 10
- Names of colours
- Names of fruits and vegetables
- Names of animals
- Names of family members
- Objects around us
Students start their physical development in flexibility, strength and coordination. A lot of emphasis is given to stretching on the floor, as it shapes the body and physically prepares for ballet. The class learns one choreography piece incorporating what students have developed throughout the year.
This program focuses on
- Stretching on the floor
- Group forms, such as circle, demie circle, and lines
- Ballet exercise and elementary technique
- Dances with basic choreographically structures to music
- Games to music
Students will enjoy collaborating and creating as they learn the fundamental concepts of visual art – colour theory, pencil drawing and painting techniques. These activities will guide them through new creative ideas and experiences.
- Use imagination, observation, and stories to create images: an imaginary character, creature, or place
- Create images using colors, different shapes, lines and patterns
- Create images featuring colour (e.g., using favourite colours, primary colours, warm and cool colours)
- Experiment with different materials: pastel, crayons, watercolor and acrylic paint, fabric, clay and found materials.
- Use computers, paint brushes, scissors, and glue to create a variety of images
- Create 2-D and 3-D images
Within these two years my children’s academic achievement grew up greatly. Also my children participate in the concerts, performances and variety of parties. I can say with confidence that my children are developing socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically in Victoria International Academy and with its team.
Huge thank you from me as a parent to all of the teachers! Huge thank you for their effort and support! Absolutely, no doubt I will recommend this beautiful school for my friends, co-workers and relatives.”
Thank you Victoria Ballet Academy for providing my child a happy and safe environment to learn.”